|The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppett|
August 6th, 2013
McQuarrie Middle School
The Surprise Attack of Jabba the Puppett is the fourth Origami Yoda Book.
Book Summary from Amazon.com:
"Dark times have fallen on McQuarrie Middle School again. Dwight’s back—and not a moment too soon, as the gang faces the FunTime Menace: a new educational program designed to raise students’ standardized test scores. Instead, it’s driving everyone crazy with its obnoxious videos of Professor FunTime and his insidious singing calculator! When Principal Rabbski cancels the students’ field trip—along with art, music, and LEGO classes—to make time for FunTime, the students turn to Origami Yoda for help. But some crises are too big for Origami Yoda to handle alone: Form a Rebel Alliance the students must. United, can they defeat the FunTime Menace and cope with a surprise attack from Jabba the Puppet?"
Book Summary from back cover:
Origami Yoda has used his jedi-wise advice to help the kids at McQuarrie Middle School conquer all sorts of enemies, from dull school dances to embarrasing water stains. But this semester, Dwight, Tommy, Sara, and the gang must face their deadliest enemy yet: the FunTime Education System. Meant to raise standardized test scores, the mind-numbing videos of Professer FunTime and his singing calculator are driving everybody crazy! And worse yet, all electives-drama, art, band-have been canceled! Naturally, the kids turn to origami Yoda for help, but he tells them that this enemy is too strong for him to fight alone. If they want to get their classes back, they must form a Rebel Alliance. Soon dozens of kids, each with his or her own origami puppet, join the Alliance. But will the Force be with them-or will they be defeated by the FunTime Menace?
- Tommy Lomax (main)
- Dwight Tharp
- Kellen Campbell
- Sara Bolt
- Harvey Cunningham
- Murky Kahleel
- Tater Tot
- Principal Rabbski
- Mr. Howell
- Mr. Lomax
- James Suervo Jr.
- Jacob Cornelius (background Character)
- Professor Funtime
- Dwight's Mom
- Origami Yoda
- Jabba the Puppett
- Darth Paper
- Fortune Wookiee
- Origami Kit Fisto
- Luke Skyfolder
- Origami Asajj Ventress
- Origami Padmè Amidalahan foldo
- Foldy-Wan Kenobi
April Fool's Day PrankEdit
On April 1st (April Fool's Day), Tom put up a post that would supposedly reveal the title and cover star of Book 4. . .
- The Fight of Papryus Maul
- Invasion of the Origami Mandalorian
- Origami General Grievous
- The Rise of Origami Jar Jar Binks
Obviously, none of these were true.
In 2012, a little after The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee was announced, Tom accidentally put up the entire rough draft of Book 5, which actually revealed the plot and cover star. (Since then, Tom has stated that he re-wrote a new cover star and altered the plot, so that they are similar, but not identical).
The leaked draft will not appear on the wiki.
- Tom posted a poll on the website with several names for Luke Skywalker origami characters, such as "Luke Skypaper". However, he refered to it as a "secret poll" and nobody has been told yet exactly what it is was meant for. Many Superfolders suspect that it was to determine what Luke's origami name should be if he stars in the fourth book.
- In an interview for the Superfolder Newspaper, Tom was asked by Megan/Phred when he expects the book to be released. He said 2013, but he may have meant Art2-D2′s Guide to Folding and Doodling: An Origami Yoda Activity Book. It is now confirmed that he actually meant for it to come out in 2013, immediately after Art2.
- Tom has said numerous times that his favourite prequel character is General Grievous and that he would love to write an Origami Yoda book about "OriGrievous" (what some Superfolders call the possible character). He even stated once that he would love Grievous to be in OY4. The third book, The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee, includes Harvey starting work on an OriGrievous for Mrs. Calhoun after she saves them from Rabbski.
- Tom made a poll for the star but it was a comment poll making it much harder to guess leaving no hints as he has in the past.
On the last black page, Kellen has drawn the two squirrels. The first one is saying,
"I sure hope there really is a sequel, because we weren't even in this one!"
The other one is sayingggggg
"I like nuts!"